Services provided by the Green Mountain Express (GMX):
- Medicaid, Reach-up and Fair Hearing to eligible individuals
- Deviated Fixed Route Services include: Bennington to Manchester, Bennington to Pownal and on to Williamstown, MA, Bennington to Wilmington, North Bennington, Shaftsbury, as well as, around the town and up to Southern VT College; Route costs and times vary please see our schedule.
- First time riders and those requesting for flag (“R”) stops are encouraged to call ahead to verify times and safety of a request stop. Reduced cost ticket books are also available by calling the office at 802-447-0477.
- Our Deviated Fixed Route service complies with American with Disabilities Act (ADA), GMX vehicles will deviate up to 1/4 of a mile off their route to provide requested transportation services. Advance notice of one day is required; Fee for this deviated service is twice the original cost of the published fare.
- Elderly, Disabled and Visually Impaired Services include the general public and our area partners: Southwestern Vermont Medical Center (SVMC), United Counseling Services (UCS), Bennington Project Independence (BPI), Southwestern VT Council on Aging (SWVCOA) and VT Assoc. for the Blind and Visually Impaired (VABVI).
- Demand Response (or Dial-a-Ride) is based on vehicle and driver availability.
- GMCN maintains a pool of volunteer (or per diem) drivers, who use their personal vehicles to transport a variety of clients. These individuals are reimbursed for their mileage expenses. Please Contact GMCN for more information.
Route 9 Trailhead Transit Service (for both pickup and drop off, to/from downtown Bennington) is available Monday – Friday between 10AM – 4PM. Times are flexible, cost is $3 per passenger one way. You MUST call in advance, during regular business hours (do not email), for further information and/to schedule the ride(s).
About our Transportation Services:
Our operations staff will be happy to discuss your transportation needs and determine how we can best assist you. They will assure the appropriate category of funding for your ride(s), answer any questions you may have and make certain if you have any special needs they will be appropriately taken care of. Staff will work with you to get you where you need to go, when you need to go, all in a timely and safe manner.
Please call 802-447-0477
for more information.
Regular office hours are:
Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM