Code of Conduct
To ensure everyone has a safe and comfortable trip, the following must be observed while riding with GMCN. GMCN drivers have the right to refuse service to those who do not comply with the code of conduct.
- Stay seated and behind the yellow line while the vehicle is in motion, keep aisle clear and do not disturb other passengers, and do not talk to the driver while the vehicle is in motion.
- Seats in the front of the bus are reserved for elders, passengers with disabilities and those needing child seats. Please vacate if needed.
- Use headphones when listening to personal electronic devices.
- Keep all food and beverages is closed containers.
- Use of alcohol, tobacco products, and electronic cigarettes are prohibited while on the bus.
- For safety and sanitary reasons, all passengers are required to wear shoes and shirts, and limit orders that disturb other passengers.
- Disruptive or unruly behavior, threats, foul, offensive language, or harassment including, but not limited to, racial slurs or derogatory remarks based on race, gender, age, or sexual orientation is expressly prohibited on GMCN vehicles.
- Seat belt use is suggested on all public routes.
- Articles which, because of their size or the nature of their contents which could make them dangerous to passengers shall not be allowed on the bus. Articles prohibited on GMCN buses include but are not limited to: car batteries, gasoline, kerosene, or any other flammable liquid; no weapons of any kind; illegal drugs; open containers of alcohol; animals, other than service animals as defined by ADA or animals that can be carried in a closes container; any article that cannot be safely held by a passenger or stored underneath a seat that could have potential to hurt another passenger if it were to collide with riders during an unscheduled stop.
- Ask drivers for assistance to secure pull carts, strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- It is a serious health risk to all passengers to allow patrons whose bodily fluids are exposed to ride on the bus. Passengers who are experiencing this condition will be denied access to the bus. This includes, but is not limited to bodily eliminations, saliva, and blood.
- Passengers are required to pay the proper fee for all GMCN transportation. We reserve the right to ask for student ID.
- For everyone’s safety, surveillance cameras with audio are in use.